Friday, August 18, 2017

Less than a month!

Awash with adventures of the grandkid kind, I am having my annual moment of surprise to realize I leave in 3 weeks for Greece! Facebook has a CCS-Greece group so I have a little insight into the new site.

Apparently it is hot. https://www.accuweather.com/en/gr/athens/182536/august-weather/182536

Temperatures have been in the mid 30's - in American degrees that is upper 90's. We stay in a hotel near a boardwalk onto the ocean, but daily work is in the camp. Nevertheless we need to wear culturally appropriate clothing with knees, shoulders and chest covered. I found some cheap dresses that fit the criteria and think I will leave them to be donated.

My plane lands just outside the timetable for CCS pick up, but there is always a Plan B! I got in touch with the St Paul's Anglican church http://anglicanchurchathens.gr/ and the deacon is connecting me with a member who can drive me out to Chalkida. I hope to worship there on one Sunday.



And in the "small world" department, a friend I met in Peru will be there the same time! We plan to see Corinth one weekend.




So it sounds like that and my passport are all I need to be ready...


No comments:

Post a Comment